Getting to know NYP

Established in 1992, the history of NYP goes back to the late 70s and early 80s during the days of French-Singapore Institute, German-Singapore Institute, Japan-Singapore Institute and Precision Engineering Institute. These institutions were later transferred from the Economic Development Board (EDB) to NYP to become part of NYP’s School of Engineering.

NYP vision is to be a premier polytechnic of global distinction and its mission is to  provide quality education and training to prepare students and adult learners for work and life, equipping them to be life-long learners and to contribute to the technological, economic and social development of Singapore.

  • Course Entry Requirements and Application

    NYP has 7 schools offering a wide range of diploma courses in engineering, information technology, design, interaction and digital media, chemical and life sciences, business management and health sciences.

    Our seven schools offer a plethora of diploma courses catering to the various interests and aspirations of the students.

  • Embassies & High Commissions in Singapore

    Do you need help or more information from your native country? You can get in touch with your government through their local embassies and high comissions.
  • Gallery

    Hey gorgeous! Did you participate in any our student activities? Looking to relive that magic moment? Take a peek at our photo gallery!
  • eNewsletter

    Stay up to date with upcoming events, and see what we've been up to, through our eNewsletters.

Coming To NYP

Getting to know Singapore

The Republic of Singapore is a Southeast Asian city state located at the southernmost tip of the Malay Peninsula. Singapore was founded in 1819 by Sir Stamford Raffles and gained independence on 9 August, 1965. In the short few decades since independence, Singapore has become one of the most liveable cities in the world.

As of 2015, it is home to 5.54 million people, of whom 3.3 million (64%) are Singapore citizens while the rest (36%) are permanent residents or foreign workers. Singapore is a multi-cultural and multi-racial country. Residents comprise approximately 74% Chinese, 13% Malay, 9% Indian and 4% other races. Singapore has 4 official languages, namely Chinese, English, Malay and Tamil. English is the medium of education and business.

Living in Singapore