By participating in NYP Groove!, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to all Secondary School and ITE students except established artistes with contracts.
- Group members need not come from the same school but all members must be either current Secondary School or ITE students.
- In the event of a mixed group whereby the group members are mixture of current secondary school and ITE students, the group can only participate in the ITE Category.
- Each group must consist of three to ten members of the same or mixed gender.
- Street dance is a collective term to describe all hip-hop and funk dance styles such as breakdance, popping, locking, etc. Contestants can choose to perform any of the street dance styles, including mix and match different styles into a dance piece.
- Registration closes on 26 Nov 2017. NYP reserves the right to reject late applications and applications that do not meet the requirements stated here.
- Registered applicants will be invited to an audition at Nanyang Polytechnic, Theatre for the Arts (TFA) on 4 Dec 2017.
- Selected groups will be invited to participate in the finals on 6 Jan 2018 at Nanyang Polytechnic.
- Contestants must be available for Auditions and Finals on the stipulated dates above, if selected.
- Time limit for each dance item is between three to five minutes.
- Contestants must provide their own music CDs in mp3 format for both the audition and finals. Basic sound system will be provided.
- Music player, iPods, smartphones and laptops may be used, however all tracks must be supplied on separate playlists. Smartphones must be put into airplane mode prior to the performance and set to full volume.
- Props are allowed provided that they are not dangerous and must be cleared by the contestants from the stage immediately after the performance.
- Inappropriate sexual gestures or movement are not advised and group outfits must be age appropriate.
Contestants will be judged based on the following criteria:
1) Skills – 25 points
2) Musicality & Creativity – 25 points
3) Choreography – 25 points
4) Presentation – 25 points
- Contestants must produce their student pass for verification purposes during registration.
- Email Address:ReachUs@nyp.edu.sg
- Phone Number:6451 5115