The SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme is a work-study programme designed to give fresh graduates from polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) a head start in careers related to their discipline of study. It provides them with opportunities, after graduation, to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school, and better supports their transition into the workforce.
For more information SkillsFuture Earn & Learn, click here!
This programme provides a pathway for ITE fresh graduates to acquire relevant work experience through workplace training and deepen their academic knowledge through structured facilitated learning at the Polytechnic. It aims to deepen their skills and knowledge for career advancement in the Accounting Industry.
Fresh ITE graduates who wish to get a headstart in career and relevant work experience and skills valued by the Accounting industry. (Please refer to the Admission requirement)
- Acquire practical skills through structured On-the-Job Training under the guidance of a company mentor
- Obtain industry recognised certificate(s) while employed in a related role at a company
- Undergo facilitated learning and work-based projects
- Meaningful career advancement pathways and option to complete two additional modular certificates for the award of the Diploma in Business Practice (Accounting)
- $5,000 sign on incentive for Singaporean fresh graduates who successfully complete the programme
The Earn & Learn (Accounting) Programme is an 18 month programme comprising three Modular Certificates and 540 hours of on-the-job training (OJT) conducted at participating companies.
It consists of three components: (i) facilitated learning (ii) on-the-job training and (iii) work-based projects.
(180 hours each)
Modules Business Communications & Analytics
- Oral Communication in Business
- Effective Business Writing Skills
- Word Processing & Presentation
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Business Statistics
- Data Visualisation for Business
- Accounting Essentials
- Accounting & Controls for Assets
- Accounting for Businesses
- Business Financial Reporting
- Personal Tax
- Corporate Tax and GST
Auditing & Financial Reporting
- Audit Principles & Processes
- Audit Practice
- Framework for Financial Reporting
- Financial Reporting Standards
- Internal Controls & Risk Management
- Integrated Project – Controls and Risk Management
School of Business Management
180 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 Singapore 569830
- 18 months from Apr 2018 to 30 Sept 2019
- Lessons are held once to once a week from 9.00am to 6.00pm
To be confirmed.
Upon successful completion of this Earn & Learn programme, participants have an option to pursue a part-time diploma by completing two additional modular certificates and be awarded the Diploma in Business Practice (Accounting).
Articulation pathways are already in place to professional qualifications such as ACCA and ICAEW and the Advanced Diploma in Accountancy which leads to the Singapore CA qualification.