About the Course
The fast-growing sport industry is recognised as one of several emerging business areas in Singapore. Between 2007 and 2015, the industry grew at a rate of 6.5 percent per year, increasing its contribution to Singapore’s gross domestic product by S$1 billion (US$763.1 million) over a span of eight years. With the rapid expansion of the sport industry in Singapore along with its growing number of business opportunities, sport management & marketing professionals are in demand to provide support for the sport eco-culture to thrive.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management and Marketing aims to provide participants with in-depth understanding of the sport industry, the nature of sport as a business and its opportunities for Singapore, both regionally and globally. Through this course, participants will gain a deeper understanding of sport management and sport marketing.
As the only specialist diploma that combines sport, management and marketing, participants will be equipped with the skills to pursue a career in sport business as well as further their education in the field of sport.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management and Marketing addresses the specialist manpower needs of Singapore’s sport industry by:
- Training specialised practitioners in sport management and sport marketing to support the growth of sport businesses
- Providing sport and marketing professionals with an avenue for continued professional development; and
- Preparing Singapore’s workforce for the growing demands of a changing economy.
The course is targeted at:
- Professionals, managers and executives in marketing who want to specialise their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
- Sports practitioners who are keen to upgrade their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of management and marketing in the sports industry
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas who are interested in pursuing a business career in the sports industry and/or interested in specialising their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
Participants will receive a Post-Diploma Certificate upon successful completion of each semester and will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing upon obtaining the above two Post-Diploma Certificates.