About the Course
Singapore has an excellent geographical location as the heart of Southeast Asia, with major shipping lanes converge. This has made Singapore an important logistics hub. The latest edition of the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index report 2016 sees Singapore retain its top position as ASEAN’s logistics hub for the tenth consecutive year (aecnewstoday.com, June 2016). As an Asia logistics hub, the Singapore logistics industry contributes about 7.4% of Singapore’s GDP, and employs about 230,000 workers (Today, 17 Nov 2016).
Singapore sees a strong growing demand for skilled talents and professionals in the areas of logistics and supply chain management. During the last few years, this sector changes rapidly driven by technology advancement in the areas of artificial intelligence and info-communication technology. The professionals in this industry need to constantly seek new skills and knowledge to thrive in the changing business environments. It is vital for them to acquire a set of portable skills & knowledge in related business operations to rise to the new challenges. With the launch of the Industry Transformation Map and the National Skills Framework for Singapore's logistics sector, focus is placed on developing skills and competencies to prime the workforce for the wide spectrum of job roles and career progression pathways offered by the logistics industry.
Nanyang Polytechnic is pleased to offer the Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management program to meet the aspirations of adult learners who may want to acquire higher professional knowledge and skills in supply chain management to excel and grow in this sector. The Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management has been mapped to and listed in the Logistics Skills Frame Work.
The Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management aims to equip participants with current and relevant Supply Chain Management (SCM) knowledge and skills to help them upgrade and advance in their career. The objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide participants with companies’ best practices and trends on materials management and supply chain initiatives that focused on purchasing and its strategies, planning, warehousing and inventory costing.
- Enable participants to examine the role of transportation from a macro perspective with special emphasis on its effect on the development of global economies.
- Provide participants with a strategic framework to analyse the design, planning, and operational decisions within supply chains using advanced SCM applications.
The programme is suitable for:
- Working professionals in related field who would like to have more in-depth supply chain management knowledge and skills for application in the areas of materials management and international freight and business.
- Existing logistics professionals in supervisory level who would like to develop and enhance their career progression in the area of supply chain management.
Participants will receive a Post-Diploma Certificate upon successful completion of each semester and will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management upon obtaining the two Post-Diploma Certificates.