About the Course
The Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology course aims to provide students with a strong foundation in science and technology to contribute effectively in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, manufacturing high-tech, high-value products. Students will be equipped and trained to seize abundant opportunities in diverse fields such as oil & gas, specialty chemicals, petrochemicals, high-end polymers, and pharmaceuticals/medicinal products.
The Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology offers a broad-based training and provides exposure in both the chemical and pharmaceutical sectors - preparing students for career opportunities in more than one industry sector. Graduates will be equipped with an excellent combination of skills, which will enable them to be versatile and be an asset to the industry.
Due to the diversified training offered in this curriculum, a diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology can offer a number of career options. Graduates will find employment in the chemical, petroleum, petrochemical, specialty chemicals and pharmaceutical industries. In addition, they can also work in water treatment plants, waste disposal companies and chemical/pharmaceutical laboratories. They may work as technologists or engineering assistants in the areas of operations, process and equipment design, plant safety, project engineering, process control, laboratory, quality control, consulting services, technical sales and marketing, research and product development. They may also work with scientists and other engineers as members of a team, utilizing the extensive skills which they have acquired to find solutions to problems. There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to senior positions with greater responsibility such as superintendents, lead technologist and team leaders.
A large proportion of diploma graduates pursue further studies, either in local or overseas universities. Through Nanyang Polytechnic's linkages with well known overseas institutions, students can expect to receive advance standings in their quest to obtain higher qualifications.
Students who aspire to pursue a degree and meet the entry requirements of the local and overseas universities can progress into the bachelor degree courses such as Chemical Engineering, Environment Engineering, Science, Applied Science etc.
Students graduated from this programme can gain admission into various universities, such as:
- National University of Singapore - Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Science and Applied Science Degrees
- Nanyang Technological University - Chemical Engineering (up to 1 year advanced standing), Environmental Engineering, Applied Science Degrees
- Singapore Institute of Technology - Chemical Engineering (up to 1 year advanced standing)
- University of Melbourne - Chemistry major
- University of Technology Sydney - Bachelor of Science in Chemical Science
- The University of Newcastle - Chemical Engineering Degree (up to 2 yrs advanced standing)
- The University of New South Wales - Chemical Engineering (up to 2 yrs advanced standing), Science Degree (up to 1.5 yrs advanced standing)
- Queensland University of Technology - Applied Science Degree (Chemistry) (up to 1.5 yrs advanced standing)
- University of Queensland - Chemical Engineering Degree, (up to 2 yrs advanced standing)
- Monash University - Science Degree (up to 1 yr advanced standing)
- RMIT University - Chemical Engineering Degree (up to 1 yr advanced standing), Applied Science Degree (Biomedical) (up to 1 yr advanced standing)
- Curtin University of Technology - Science Degree, (up to 1.5 yrs advanced standing), Applied Science Degree (Forensic) (up to 1 yr advanced standing)
- University of Birmingham - Chemical Engineering
- University of Manchester - Chemical Engineering