About the Course
The aim of the course is to ground students in applied chemistry and biology and immunology, together with specialised skills in topics like pharmacology, pharmacotherapy and patient-care skills, to develop competent professionals with skills for the pharmacy and clinical research industry.
Equipped with industry-relevant skills, graduates will have the opportunity to work in the following challenging and exciting areas:
As clinical research coordinators in clinical trial research units and clinical research organisations.
As pharmacy technicians and pharmacy retail executives in hospitals and retail pharmacies who dispense and counsel on the use of medications and support the operations of the pharmacy.
Sales & Marketing
As product executives or specialists in leading pharmaceutical companies, supporting their business development, sales and marketing activities.
Choosing Pharmacy as a career
SCL’s Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences lecturer, Sung Wei Xiu gave an overview of the academic requirements to become a pharmacist at this interview with Channel 8 Hello Singapore programme. She also shared about the career prospects and starting salaries for pharmacy technicians and pharmacists.
Students who aspire to pursue a degree and meet the entry requirements of the local and overseas universities can progress into the bachelor degree courses such as Pharmacy, Life sciences, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Immunology etc.
Students who have graduated from this programme have been admitted into various universities. Some of these are:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- National Institute of Education
- Singapore Institute of Management
- University of Queensland (1 year advance standing for the 4 years Bachelor of Pharmacy, for those with good results)
- Griffith University (1 year advance standing for the 5 years double degree in Bachelor of Science (Pharmaceutical Sciences) and Master of Pharmacy, for those with good results)
- University of South Australia (1 year advance standing for the 5 years double degree in Bachelor of Science (Pharmaceutical Sciences) and Bachelor of Pharmacy, for those with good results)
- Murdoch University
University of Sheffield
- University of Reading