About the Course
NYP has been appointed as the Programme Manager by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA) for Visual Communication and will be launching this new specialist diploma in response to market demand and the need for a course that develops and enhances deeper skills. It seeks to equip participants who have recently graduated from polytechnic with a design-related diploma and who are looking to enter the workforce or who have only recently started working.
The course is aimed at skills deepening for polytechnic diploma graduates, based on feedback gathered from industry stakeholders comprising owners of design consultancies, design practitioners and our alumni. In the evolving world of Visual Communication, participants will learn to develop competencies in creating greater design relevance in the areas of design thinking, design business strategising and project management.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Effectively apply UX concepts in graphic and design communication work.
- Employ holistic design thinking strategies in their practice.
- Plan, implement and manage projects from conceptualisation to implementation.
- Gain valuable work experience and theoretical insights in the specialist subject areas.
- Participate in the management of their organisation at an executive level.