About the Course
Since 2003, Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) has been offering the Specialist Diploma in Information Security course for IT professionals to improve their capabilities in architecting, designing, developing and managing effective IT security solutions. The course has already produced 840 graduates in 23 batches.
Taking our professional security education and formal qualifications to the next level, NYP is offering a new and improved “Specialist Diploma in Information Security” course this year to replace its predecessor. The new specialist diploma is in line with Ministry of Education’s Continual Education and Training (CET) qualifications frame work and supported by MOE with course fee funding. Enhancements include three restructured and three new coursework and project modules, as well as flexible modular course structure with two professional diploma certificates for working professionals.
Following the tradition of its predecessor, the course emphasizes on a practice-oriented approach and covers the latest trends in information security. It is taught by the practicing lecturers with industry and teaching experience of more than 15 years in their respective areas in a state-of-the-art training facility.
The course is conducted with a combination of lectures, practical workshops, seminars, classroom discussions, case studies and e-learning. Industry leaders and practitioners will be invited to share their experiences and insights in critical and emerging information security trends as a value added service. The sharing sessions also provide networking opportunities for the course participants.
Nanyang Polytechnic will award:
1. Post Diploma Certificate in Systems and Network Security to participants who have successfully completed:
- Security Management
- Network Security
- Integrated project (Systems and network security) modules.
2. Post Diploma Certificate in Data and Applications Security to participants who have successfully completed:
- Data Security
- Applications Security
- Integrated project (Data and Applications security) modules.
3. The Specialist Diploma in Information Security to participants who have successfully completed above two Post Diploma Certificates.