The various alternative entry requirements for applicants are as follows:
GCE ‘O’ level with English language (grade 1-7), Mathematics (grade 1-6) and a Science subject (grade 1-6) or equivalent with at least 3 years of relevant IT working experience.
ITE NITEC GPA ≥ 3.5 with at least 2 years of IT relevant working experience.
ITE Higher NITEC with at least 1 year of IT relevant working experience.
Relevant WSQ (Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification) Diploma qualification or equivalent, with relevant working experience. WPLN (Workplace Literacy and Numeracy) Level ≥ 6 may be accepted as equivalent O-Level English Language & Math requirements.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on:
(i) Evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience; OR
(ii) Supporting evidence of competency readiness.
Suitable applicants who are shortlisted will have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course will be a 2.5 years part-time Diploma Programme, with a total of 900 study hours.
The course will consist of five 180-hour modular certificates (MC). Each MC comprises three modules and is made up of 150 hours of classroom/lab lessons and 30 hours of facilitated self-directed learning.
The classroom/lab lessons will take the form of three classes per week over a period of 15 weeks.
- Certificate in System Essentials (16 Oct 2017 - 1 Apr 2018)
- Certificate in Network Administration (16 Apr 2018 - 1 Oct 2018)
- Certificate in Network Operations and Support (15 Oct 2018 - 1 Apr 2019)
- Certificate in Green and Cloud Computing (15 Apr 2019 - 1 Oct 2019)
- Certificate in Advanced Network Services (14 Oct 2019 - 1 Apr 2020)
Modular Certificates Modules Training Dates
Certificate in Network & System Essentials
1. Essentials of IT and Networking
15 Oct 2018 to 4 Nov 2018 (Mon,Wed,Thur)
2. Operating Systems
5 Nov 2018 to 25 Nov 2018 (Mon,Wed,Thur)
3. System Administration
26 Nov 2018 to 16 Dec 2018 (Mon,Wed,Thur)
4. Script Programming
2 Jan 2019 to 20 Jan 2019 (Mon,Wed,Thur)
5. IT Essentials Project
21 Jan 2019 to 3 Mar 2019 (Mon,Wed,Thur)
* Last Updated on 30 Aug 2018
* Terms & conditions for the subsidy and fee refund policy are available at www.nyp.edu.sg/continuing-education/academy-of-lifelong-learning-n-skills
Category Fee for 1st Modular Certificate*
Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) recipients
SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens
Mid-career Enhanced Scheme for Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above
Singapore Citizens less than 40 years
Singapore Permanent Resident
* Total programme fee = 5 x Modular Certificate fee, subject to semestral fee revision by MOE.
* Please note that a supplementary fee of around $30 is payable each semester.
The following supplementary fees (subject to annual review and change) will be charged:
- Exam/Assessment fee of $5.35 per module
- Insurance fee of $4.60 per academic year