Food Safety Centre at Block Q Level 5
The Food Safety Centre, an ISO17025 accredited laboratory, provides students with training in food testing.
The objective of the Diploma in Food Science & Nutrition facilities is to enrich the learning experience by illustrating the entire process from raw materials purchase, product idea development, conceptualization, prototype development, safety testing, sensory evaluation & consumers acceptability test, to commercialization or licensing in a sequential and comprehensive manner.
FSC is accredited by Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) against the ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 - General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories standard.
Services we provide:
- Microbiological testing on food and environmental samples
- Shelf life testing
- Research & Development Projects
- Training (Microbiological Testing and Food Safety Related Topics)
- Consultancy (HACCP, Food Safety Management System)
- Consultancy service for label review