Our wireless network supports the following operating systems (OS):
- Microsoft Windows 10 & Above
- Mac OS 10.10 & Above
- iOS 6 and Above
- Android OS 6.0 and Above
If you are using any other OS, you can still connect to our wireless network. However, our Computer & Network Centre is currently unable to help with problems or queries related to that OS.
Enjoy a virus-free WLAN environment at NYP by being a responsible user and taking note of the following:
Dos and Don’ts
- Ensure you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your laptop, with current DAT files for your notebooks and other wireless devices. They should also be fully patched, i.e. you have run the latest Windows Update and installed all critical patches
- Do not share your account name and password with anyone.
- If you have upgraded from a different OS (e.g. from Windows 8.0 to Windows 10), remove your wireless profile and configure it again
- Always update your Wireless Access password whenever you change your Windows log-in password
To learn more about our wireless network policy, click the Policy tab below.