How to Apply for Government/Private Funded Bursaries
Step 1: Apply Online
a) Apply online through NYP Student Portal* during the application period.
b) Click “Apply Financial Assistance and Awards” -> “Bursaries”.
c) Click “Confirm” to submit your bursary application.
d) Check the acknowledgement email sent to your NYP email account if you have successfully completed application. You must upload all required supporting documents within 5 days from the date of application (using the link in the acknowledgment email or via File Upload System under step 3a)
Download System User Guide and FAQ on online application
Step 2: Gather Supporting Documents
a) Gather documents as indicated in the Checklist of Supporting Documents.
b) Scan softcopies of documents using Microsoft Office Lens (Android/IOS) if you do not have a scanner at home.
Download Checklist of Supporting Documents and FAQ
Step 3: Upload Supporting Documents
a) Upload supporting documents using the link provided in email (see step 1d) or File Upload System Link
b) Complete upload of supporting documents within 5 days after completion of application in Step 1.
Download Upload Supporting Documents User Guide and FAQ
- Full-time diploma students who need financial assistance are encouraged to apply for bursary as early as possible. Some private donor bursaries will be available as a top up bursary in early semester 1 (Apr to Jun) and will be awarded to selected government bursary recipients.
- Applicants are to submit only ONE application in any application period within the academic year and they are not required to specify the bursary type or bursary name in the application.
- Applicants who are successful in their applications will receive only ONE bursary in the academic year, be it a government or private funded bursary.
- Successful applicants must either have an existing GIRO arrangement with NYP (with “Approved” status) OR PayNow account (link to student’s NRIC) in order to receive the bursary disbursement.
- Bursary award is tenable for one academic year only. Students will have to submit a new application if they wish to be considered for the bursary again in the subsequent academic year.
- Students are to remain contactable via NYP email or mobile phone after submission. NYP bursary team will contact you if further clarifications are required.