Our Special Education Needs Support encourages an inclusive community that promotes a culture of openness, understanding and mutual support for students with diverse needs. Our main aim is to ensure these students have a holistic education experience and are equipped with life skills in order to find employment and live a fulfilling life after graduation.
The students we support include those with:
- Physical and/or mobility disabilities
- Learning disabilities (e.g. dyslexia)
- Visual impairment
- Hearing loss / Hard of hearing
- Multiple disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Academic support arrangements
- Transition support
- Arrangements for examinations
- Assistive equipment
- Referral to other services
Students with a full / partial physical, visual impairment or hearing loss / hard of hearing can tap the SEN Fund to purchase assistive technology (AT) devices and support services.