Holders of International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) may apply for Full Time Diploma Courses via the Direct Admission Exercise.
Same MER as GCE O Level. You may refer to the entry requirements for GCE ‘O’ Level qualification here to check your eligibility.
*English MUST be taken as First Language and cannot be substituted by IELTS or TOEFL
1. IGCSE / GCSE Grades A to C is comparable to GCE 'O' levels Grades 1 to 6 and IGCSE / GCSE Grade D is comparable to GCE 'O' Grade 7.
(For those with new IGCSE / GCSE Grades 9 to 1, Grades 9 to 4 would be comparable to GCE 'O' levels Grades 1 to 6 and IGCSE / GCSE Grade 3 is comparable to GCE 'O' Grade 7).
2. Returning Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (PR) are required to complete at least Year 10 of High School.
3. International applicants are required to complete Year 12 of High School and/or obtained a high school diploma.
4. Applicants interested in applying for Arts, Media and Design type of courses or Mass Media Management and Sport & Wellness Management courses are required to prepare a portfolio/summary statement for assessment if you are being shortlisted for interview. Refer to the Portfolio Requirements for more details.
5. Applicants applying for the Oral Health Therapy course are required to take a manual dexterity test.
6, Meeting the minimum entry requirement does not guarantee that an applicant will be shortlisted. Shortlisting is based on merit and on course availability in the year of application.
7. The polytechnic reserves the right to amend the information provided without prior notice.