International applicants with the relevant qualifications who meet the entry requirement listed below are eligible to apply for their desired Full Time Diploma Course.
Refer to the Direct Admission Exercise for more details.
Please note that:
- Returning Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (PR) are required to complete at least Year 10 of High School, with Year 10 school exam results meeting the minimum entry requirement listed below.
- International applicants are required to complete Year 12 of High School and/or have obtained a high school diploma.
Applicants offering international qualifications MUST submit either their IELTS or TOEFL (IBT) test scores to support their application. Applicants must meet a minimum of 6.0 overall for IELTS, or minimum 78 for TOEFL (IBT).
Applicants submitting TOEFL test score MUST also request Educational Testing Services (ETS) or testing institutes to send original TOEFL score to NYP (institutional code is C742)
The following qualifications are exempted from submitting IELTS or TOEFL (IBT) test scores:
- Brunei’s General Certificate of Education - Ordinary Levels
- High School Diplomas from USA/UK/Australia/New Zealand/Canada/Philippines
- International Baccalureate (IB) Diploma
- Applicants, if shortlisted, will be required to sit for an Admissions Test conducted in Singapore. Only applicants offering the following qualifications are NOT required to sit for the Admissions Test:
- Brunei’s General Certificate of Education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Overseas candidates must make their own travel arrangements to and from Singapore if they wish to sit for the Admissions Test.
- If you are applying for Arts, Media and Design courses, you are required to prepare a portfolio for assessment if you are being shortlisted. Click HERE for details on the portfolio requirements.
- If you are applying for the Oral Health Therapy course, you are required to take a manual dexterity test.
- Meeting the minimum entry requirement (MER) is not a guarantee that an applicant will be shortlisted. Shortlisting is based on merit and on course availability in the year of application.
- Qualifications printed in a language other than English, must be accompanied by a certified English translated copy.
8. The polytechnic reserves the right to amend the above information provided without prior notice.