- The SGUS Programme is designed in partnership with the industry to help learners acquire industry-relevant skills and knowledge, and improve their employability.
- Learners will have opportunities to apply the skills learnt through workplace immersions and industry projects, and boost their employability for future job opportunities with real-world experiences.
- Courses are conducted on a full-time basis ranging from six to 12 months, and their modular format gives learners the flexibility to exit the programme once they have found a job.
- See also the FAQ for more information.
- Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents (PR) aged 21 and above and they MUST NOT have:
- Graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019 / 2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, and other educational institutions.
This includes graduates from private universities as well as overseas institutions;
- Graduated from the educational institutions mentioned above and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019 / 2020 and
are entering the labour force.
- Individuals who are able to commit to the training programme on a full-time basis and are active job-seekers who will benefit from the skills training.
- SGUS learners will receive a monthly* training allowance of $1,200 for the duration of training.
- Programmes are highly subsidised: The nett course fee can be offset by SkillsFuture Credit including the top-ups announced in 2020 Unity Budget.
- In addition to hands-on training through industry projects or attachments, they also get to receive career advisory and employment assistance.
* Conditions apply, see FAQ
- Employers who hire local* workers through eligible reskilling programmes will receive enhanced hiring incentives:
- Employers who hire a local* worker aged 40 and above can receive salary support of 40% for six months, capped at $12,000 in total.
- Those who hire a local* worker aged below 40 can receive salary support of 20% for six months, capped at $6,000 in total.
- There is no financial outlay for the employer as learners are self-sponsored and SkillsFuture SG pays the monthly allowance.
- Employers can use this opportunity to assess learners’ performance deciding to hire them.
- These programmes allow employers to hire staff who would have gone through a rigorous training programme with certifiable skills sets.
* Singapore Citizens/PR
- SGUS Programme in Electronic Systems Development
- SGUS Programme in Electronics Engineering and Infocomm Technology
- SGUS Programme in Precision Engineering
- SGUS Programme in Precision Engineering (Additive Manufacturing)
- SGUS Programme in Precision Engineering and Automation & Robotics
- SGUS Programme in Converged Infocomm Infrastructure
- SGUS Programme in Business Practice – Accounting
- SGUS Programme in Business Practice - Customer Relationship and Service Management
- SGUS Programme in Business Practice - Hospitality and Tourism Management
- SGUS Programme in Human Resource Management
- SGUS Programme in Fund Management & Administration
- SGUS Programme in Sport Management & Marketing
Infocomm & Technology
We're in the process of rolling out more courses. Please register your interest via the e-form here:
In the e-form:
- Click the "General" category.
- Select SGUS subject category of your interest (you may select more than one).
- You will be notified via email once the SGUS programme is open for online application.