JAE Centre @ NYP


Nanyang Polytechinic
180 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8
Blk A, Central, Auditorium Lobby
(near Yio Chu Kang MRT station) 

JAE Eligibility

JAE Eligibility

All Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) with valid GCE O-Level Examination results are eligible to apply. However, any SC/SPR who was previously admitted to a JC, MI, Poly (excluding those under provisional admission to JCs/MI) may not apply for an institution in the same category through the JAE.

Foreign students studying in a Government School, Government-Aided School or Independent School in Singapore with valid 2018 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level Examination results.

Entry Requirements   |   JAE ELR2B2   |   Course Advising Tool

JAE Application Checklist

For online application,

you require

Internet access

JAE PIN / SingPass* to login to the JAE Internet System

For onsite application at

JAE Centre @ NYP, please bring along:

Form A
     (contain a list of courses that you are eligible to apply)

O-Level Result Certificate/Slip(s)

CCA Record^

Secondary School Report Book^

* If you require a SingPass login, request for it at www.singpass.gov.sg. It will be mailed to you within 4 days.
^ For course advising purpose.


All applications are computer processed by the Ministry of Education. Selection is based on merit and choice of order. Applicants are ranked based on their performance in the GCE O-Level. Those who have better aggregates will have a better ranking and hence get priority in filling the course vacancies.

Applicants are allowed to combine their GCE O-Level results of up to two sittings (any 2 years and do not need to be consecutive).

It depends on the number of vacancies and the examination results of all the applicants for the course. JAE ELR2B2 therefore vary from year to year and may be used for reference purposes.

Students admitted to Nanyang Polytechnic must be at least 16 years old, as at 1 January of the admission year.

Generally, students should have gone through 10 years of formal education before commencing their studies in the polytechnics.

Yes. Click here for details.

Please note that CCA cannot be used to replace another subject.

Yes. If your application is successful, the Polytechnic will reserve a place for you until you complete your NS.

In general, you are not allowed to transfer to another course in the Polytechnic after enrolling unless there are very strong reasons for such requests. These are assessed on a case-by-case basis and administered at the discretion of the Polytechnic.

Back to Top