When do I apply?

The Joint Admissions Exercise is conducted in January after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level Examination results.

The 2021 JAE registration will be held over 5 calendar days, starting from the release of O-Level results starting from 3pm on the first day until 4pm on the last day of registration.

Click here for details available on MOE's website. 


How do I apply?

Applicants are to submit their application online via JAE-IS (MOE JAE - Internet System) during the application period.

Eligible students can access the JAE-IS using either the JAE-PIN (Form A) or a valid SingPass.

All applications are computer processed by the Ministry of Education. Selection is based on merit and choice of order. Applicants are ranked based on their performance in the GCE O-Level. Those who have better aggregates will have a better ranking and hence get priority in filling the course vacancies.

Applicants are allowed to combine their GCE O-Level results of up to two sittings (any 2 years and do not need to be consecutive).

It depends on the number of vacancies and the examination results of all the applicants for the course. JAE ELR2B2 therefore vary from year to year and may be used for reference purposes.

Students admitted to Nanyang Polytechnic must be at least 16 years old, as at 1 January of the admission year.

Generally, students should have gone through 10 years of formal education before commencing their studies in the polytechnics.

Yes. CCA bonus points are given to students with Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level in the computation of their net aggregate points in the table below.

Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level
CCA Grade Bonus points deductable from aggregate points (ELR2B2)
A1 to A2, E 2 points
B3 to C6, G 1 point
D7 to F9, F
No bonus point given

Please note that CCA cannot be used to replace another subject.

Yes. If your application is successful, the Polytechnic will reserve a place for you until you complete your NS.

In general, you are not allowed to transfer to another course in the Polytechnic after enrolling unless there are very strong reasons for such requests. These are assessed on a case-by-case basis and administered at the discretion of the Polytechnic.

Back to Top