Using living cells to produce vaccines and life-saving medicines.
Diploma in Biologics & Process Technology is for you if you want to:
- Shine at the frontline of cutting-edge biologics manufacturing technology.
- Join the growing biologics manufacturing sector which produces biologics including vaccines and medicinal products used for treatment of numerous diseases and conditions such as cancer, diabetes, haemophilia, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
- Unravel the secrets of biologics, such as vaccines and insulin, and how they have altered the course of modern medicine to improve lives.
- Acquire versatile engineering skills to modulate and optimise high-tech biologics, pharmaceutical and chemical processes.
- Experience the only full-time diploma in Singapore that focuses on biologics manufacturing technology.
- Be equipped with practical skills and knowledge to build up experience through training at the state-of-the-art NYP-Pall Centre of Excellence in Biologics Manufacturing Technology, and internship at world-class biologics manufacturing.
- Look forward to a rewarding and dynamic career in the biopharmaceutical industry, producing vaccines, anti-cancer drugs and other modern medicines.
Co-partnered by industry leaders like Takeda, Pall Corporation, Tessa Therapeutics and NNIT Singapore.
You may gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines. Be taught by guest lecturers from Takeda and Pall Corporation.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
- Laboratory Analyst
- Manufacturing Biotechnologist
- Manufacturing Sciences & Technology Officer
- Operations Associate
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Control Officer
- Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Safety & Environment Engineer
- Scientific Support Specialist
- Validation Executive
NYP’s Diploma in Biologics & Process Technology opens doors for you to pursue a degree at reputable local and overseas universities.
Our graduates have pursued degrees at:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Australia National University (AUS)
- Monash University (AUS)
- The University of Queensland (AUS)
- King’s College London (UK)
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Manchester (UK)
Nelson TeoHead of Manufacturing Excellence, Takeda Manufacturing Singapore"Guided by Takeda’s corporate values, we aim to make a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. As we strive to use our proprietary know-hows to find better, sustainable solutions for patients, investments in the future workforce will be imperative. The curriculum of the Diploma in Biologics & Process Technology course provides a strong foundation to enable learners to be industry-ready. The approach that NYP takes to involve the industry partners clearly presents a forward-looking strategic plan to turn ‘raw’ talent into high value-adding professionals for the industry. Takeda is glad to be part of this effort to support the building of a strong talent pool for the biopharmaceutical landscape."
Lauren MurraySenior Manufacturing Expert, Novartis Singapore Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Pte Ltd"At Novartis, our purpose is to reimagine medicine and we can only do that with highly talented individuals. Our partnership with Nanyang Polytechnic is vital in ensuring that students are well prepared for the challenges that await for them once they join our team. The level of training the students receive at NYP is customized and based on real life situations as the faculty continuously adjusts the curriculum so that it stays relevant. It’s always rewarding to see how new hires react the first time they view the inside of a manufacturing plant as they start to learn the details of how we make medicine. Now it’s our job to expose students to the magic of making medicines and harness their creativity to fuel the next wave of innovation in biomanufacturing."
Caine LeongHead of Commercial, Asia Pacific, Merck Contract Testing Services"We’re excited to collaborate with Nanyang Polytechnic to enhance the diploma programme with internship opportunities. An internship experience within a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) biosafety testing facility will provide learners with insights into the biosafety testing requirements within the biomanufacturing industry. They will learn about the importance of ensuring the safety of the world’s medicines by delivering the highest quality testing services and regulatory expertise to bring life-changing medicines to patients.”
Andrew LowManager, Cell Culture Applications APAC, PALL Corporation"Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across a broad spectrum of industries including life sciences. We are happy to support NYP’s Professional Competency Model (PCM) for the Diploma in Biologics & Process Technology by providing learners with relevant information and insights about the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry. Students will gain deeper knowledge through lecturing programmes and hands-on training with Pall’s state-of-the-art instruments, such as the upstream cell culture bioreactors, downstream purification instruments, and buffer management system."