About the Course
Improve sustainability and enhance lives with advanced manufacturing technologies.
Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology is for you if you want to:
- Craft innovative and green solutions to improve sustainability and enhance lives.
- Make significant impact in diverse fields ranging from petrochemical, pharmaceutical, environmental to sustainable energy upon graduation.
- Embark on an exciting learning journey in advanced chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies.
- Contribute to society effectively as a highly skilled chemical technologist with a strong foundation in science and technology.
- Discover how advanced technologies can transform chemical compounds into useful everyday products and life-saving medicines.
- Attain practical competencies and valuable expertise in advanced chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies by working in the-state-of-the-art and fully equipped chemical and pharmaceutical pilot plant and laboratories such as the Secondary Pharmaceutical Technology Centre (making capsules, tablets, creams and lotions) and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Plant.
- Seize career opportunities in diverse fields such as oil & gas, petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, high-end polymers, and pharmaceuticals/medicinal products.
NYP Professional Competency Model (NYP-PCM) - its unique features
Co-partnered by industry leaders like Croda Singapore, Huntsman, Veolia Water Technologies and Singapore Refining Company.
You may gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
- Assistant Process Engineer
- Laboratory Analyst
- Manufacturing Biotechnologist
- Maintenance Engineer
- Operations Associate
- Quality Control Officer
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Research & Development Officer
- Safety & Environment Engineer
- Validation Executive
NYP’s Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology opens doors for you to pursue a degree at reputable local and overseas universities.
Our graduates have pursued degrees at:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- University of Melbourne (AUS)
- University of Sydney (AUS)
- University of New South Wales (AUS)
- Monash University (AUS)
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Manchester (UK)
Collaboration with Industry Partners
Why Our Partners are On Board
Chian Yeow ChanSite Director, CRODA Singapore"Croda’s commitments are to be Climate, Land and People Positive by 2030 and to be the most sustainable supplier of innovative ingredients. As part of our ambitious goals, Croda Singapore has collaborated with NYP to create the Professional Competency Model (PCM) curriculum for the Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology. The new curriculum places emphasis on sustainability, safety management and Industry 4.0 applications. These are the megatrends that will address the current needs in the process industry and, most importantly, prepare NYP graduates in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) landscape."
Han Wee GuanEnvironment, Health & Safety Manager, HUNTSMAN Singapore"As a global chemicals company, Huntsman finds its key that the industry workforce is highly skilled and innovative. NYP’s Professional Competency Model (PCM) focuses on allowing learners to apply their knowledge in industry-relevant tasks. With PCM, learners are equipped with key competencies and skills to contribute to the workplace and the industry. They also gain invaluable insights from industry partners, which will help them learn, innovate, and thrive. We look forward to building the next generation of career-ready talent by working alongside NYP to enhance the Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology curriculum and its delivery.."
Bong Hean TarDevelopment Engineering Manager, Singapore Refining Company"The Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology’s Professional Competency Model (PCM) curriculum is a collaboration between NYP and its partners, aimed at developing a pipeline of highly trained talent, who are crucial to Singapore’s status as a process industrial hub. The Singapore Refining Company (SRC) believes that our employees are our most important assets and the driving force behind our success. One of our primary goals is to train young people, challenge their abilities, and continue to develop them. SRC is glad to work with NYP to ensure that the curriculum is aligned with the industry’s best practices and designed to optimise a learner’s potential and develop competencies relevant to the current industry needs."