Applicants with any of the following qualifications are invited to apply for the course:
- Minimum of 3 GCE “O” level credits, including English & Mathematics and at least 3 years of relevant working experience;
- NITEC with GPA ≥ 3.5 and a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Higher NITEC and a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience;
- NITEC In Technology / Services with GPA ≥ 3.5, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience
- Higher NITEC In Technology /Services, a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience
- Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification or equivalents, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience and Workplace Literary & Numeracy (WPLN) at level ≥ 6.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on:
- Evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience; OR
- Supporting evidence of competency readiness.
Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may be invited for an/a interview and/or proficiency test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course is 900 hours and comprises of FIVE Modular Certificates. The programme can be completed in 5 semesters or in 2.5 years. Lessons will be held three evenings a week, from 7pm to 10pm for each session.
Modular Certificate in Business Communications & Analytics (180 hours)
Oral Communication in Business
Effective Business Writing Skills
Word Processing & IT Presentation
Data Visualisation for Business
Modular Certificate in Business Essentials (180 hours)
Principles of Management
Principles of Marketing
Modular Certificate in Hospitality Management (180 hours)
Hospitality Sales & Distribution
Food and Beverage Operations
Essentials of Hotel Operations
Modular Certificate in Tourism Management (180 hours)
Destination and Attractions Management
Customer Experience Management & Design
Modular Certificate in MICE Management (180 hours)
Essentials of MICE Management
Managing Conferences, Meetings & Incentives
- The course will be delivered using a combination of lectures, tutorial-based classroom discussions, individual and group research projects and case study-based learning.
- About 20% to 30% of the lessons will be conducted or available through e-Learning/self-directed learning mode.
Course assessment will consist of continuous assessment in the form of written tests, class participations, presentations, project work and end-of-semester examinations.
Nett Course Fees Payable (After MOE/SSG Subsidy)
Category *Fee for 1st Modular Certificate Total Programme Fee
(Consists of 5 Modular Certificates)
Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) recipient
SME-sponsored Singapore Citizen
Mid-Career Enhanced Scheme for Singapore Citizen ≥ 40 years old
Singapore Citizen < 40 years old
Singapore Permanent Resident
* 1st Modular Certificate fee is payable upon successful enrolment.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
Fees are subject to review by MOE/SSG on semestral basis.
Please note that a supplementary fee of around $30 is payable in each semester.
Please click to here for funding details.
MOE/SSG subsidy will not be applicable for students who repeat a module or semester.
The next intake for the course will be in Apr 2020. Registration will open in Dec 2019.
The course is 900 hours and comprises of FIVE Modular Certificates. The programme can be completed in 5 semesters or 2.5 years starting from Apr 2020. Lessons will be held three evenings a week, from 7pm to 10pm for each session.
Please register your interest by clicking on the "NOTIFY ME" button and we will notify you when the next intake is available for application.
Singapore’s hospitality and tourism sector has experienced robust growth over the past decade. Tourism receipts have increased from S$18.9 billion to an estimated S$22.0 billion; a commendable compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6%. These are underpinned by strong fundamentals such as the economic rise of Asia, the growth of Asia's middle class, the consequential increase in intra-Asia travel, as well as the wave of outbound travel growth to Asia.
Students undertaking this course may be eligible to apply for the SkillsFuture Study Award for Hotel, Travel Agent, MICE and Tourist Guide sectors funded by Singapore Tourism Board (STB). Please click on the link below to find out more about this award and its application eligibility criteria.
"I feel honoured to be receiving this award, and this would inspire me to reach greater heights in the hotel sector".
Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites | PARKROYAL Serviced Suites
SkillsFuture Study Award (Hotel Sector) Recipient
Enrolled in Diploma in Business Practice (Hospitality & Tourism Management)