About the Course
The module explores the global nature of sport and the role and importance of major sports events affecting sectors such as urban regeneration and tourism and its impact on economic factors. Through this module, students will gain a deeper understanding of organisation, governance, and hierarchy of international sport structures. This module also examines issues such as the increasing commercialisation of sport, why countries invest in elite sport policies and why they bid to host international sports events.
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing programme aims to address the specialist manpower needs of Singapore’s sport industry by:
- Training specialised practitioners in sport management and sport marketing to support the growth of sport businesses
- Providing sport and marketing professionals with an avenue for continued professional development; and
- Preparing Singapore’s workforce for the growing demands of a changing economy.
- Commercialization of Sport
- Governance and the Role of the State in Sport
- The Impact of Sport
- Branding and Marketing in Sport
- Strategy and Environment Analysis in Sport
- Sport Event Management
- Sport Sponsorship
- Sport Media and Public Relations
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme. The programme is targeted at:
- Professionals, managers and executives in marketing who want to specialise their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
- Sports practitioners who are keen to upgrade their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of management and marketing in the sports industry
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas who are interested in pursuing a business career in the sports industry and/or interested in specialising their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
Credits earned from this module, also known as Skills-Based Modular Course (SBMC), can be stacked up towards attaining the Post-Diploma Certificate One in Sport Management and subsequently to a full qualification.