About the Course
The Work-Study Diploma (WSQ Diploma in Precision Engineering (Master Craftsman Skills)) is designed to provide fresh graduates from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) a head-start in careers related to their discipline of study.
The WSD aims to provide participants with broaden knowledge and skills deepening in precision engineering equipped with specialised multi-skillsets. Participants will undergo 18-month intensive practical hands-on sessions with specialisation in Advanced CAM & CNC Machining, Advanced Mould Design & Process or Equipment Building & Automation.
Key features of SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme
1. Incentives for Participants
Fresh ITE graduates with less than 3 years from date of graduation from ITE or ORD date enrolled in the programme can benefit from the following:
- A sign-on incentive of $5,000 for Singaporean Citizens only (terms & conditions apply)
- Competitive salary and full-time employment benefits
- Skills deepening through on-the-job training (OJT)
- Career advancement pathways upon successful completion of the course
Applicant is also open to companies sponsoring Singapore Citizen & Singapore Permanent Resident with more than 3 years and not more than 5 years from ITE graduation date or ORD date and currently in employment with participating company.
2. Fulltime employment with On the Job Training (OJT)
Participants will undergo structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) for skills deepening and mentorship programme that will help them transit and contribute better in their workplace.
3. Career progression pathway from participating companies
A 2-year career development plan by participating companies.
1. 2-Month Refresher Programme
- Upon successful completion of three modules from the PE WSQ Advanced Certificate in Precision Engineering course, participants will be awarded three Statement of Attainment (SOAs)
2. 16-Month WSQ Diploma in Precision in Precision Engineering (Master Craftsman Skills) course
- Upon successful completion of 11 modules, participants will be awarded WSQ Diploma in Precision Engineering (Master Craftsman Skills) certificate