About the course
This course aims to provide the participants with a comprehensive knowledge in cybersecurity and impacts it has on the personal and workplace. It starts with a review of cybersecurity terminologies, principles, vulnerabilities and threats that are prevalent in private and corporate computing devices, software, network, and services. The essentials of cybersecurity policy, procedures, standards, and guidelines, as well as management frameworks, are covered next. Topics on security issues related to an InfoComm ecosystem are explained in conjunction with how to detect and prevent them by deploying appropriate protection mechanisms. The course concluded with data lifecycle protection, safeguarding personal data and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) essentials.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
• Define the impacts of cyber threats on people and businesses
• Explain the cybersecurity terminologies and cyber threats
• List and apply the cybersecurity standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines
• Explain the cyber threats in personal computing devices, software, network and services and the corresponding protection mechanisms
• Explain the stages of a data lifecycle protection including the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
• Use personal computing devices, software and services safely
Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMET) from the public, private and people sectors who use InfoComm technology for their daily work. Technical support personnel and System Administrators.
Certificates of completion will be awarded for those who pass the assessment.
Certificates of participation will be awarded for those who do not pass the assessment.