Applicants with any of the following qualifications are invited to apply for the course:
- Minimum of 3 GCE “O” level credits, including English & Mathematics and at least 3 years of relevant working experience;
- NITEC with GPA ≥ 3.5 and a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Higher NITEC and a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience;
- NITEC In Technology / Services with GPA ≥ 3.5, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience AND successful completion of Bridging Programme offered by ITE;
- Higher NITEC In Technology /Services, a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience AND successful completion of Bridging Programme offered by ITE;
- Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification or equivalents, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience and Workplace Literary & Numeracy (WPLN) at level ≥ 6.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on:
- Evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience; OR
- Supporting evidence of competency readiness.
Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may be invited for an/a interview and/or proficiency test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course is 900 hours and comprises of FIVE Modular Certificates. The programme can be completed in 5 semesters or 2.5 years. Lessons will be held three evenings a week, from 7pm to 10pm for each session.
Modular Certificate in Business Communications & Analytics (180 hours)
- Oral Communication in Business
- Effective Business Writing Skills
- Word Processing & IT Presentation
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Business Statistics
- Data Visualisation for Business
Modular Certificate in Business Essentials (180 hours)
- Principles of Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Marketing
Modular Certificate in Business Operations (180 hours)
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Business Accounting & Analysis
- Talent Acquisition and Development
- Employee Rewards and Management
- Contract Law
- Legal Aspects of Business
Modular Certificate in Logistics Management (180 hours)
- Supply Chain Fundamentals
- Managing Supply Chain Strategies
- Business Process Management
- Outsourcing Management
- Transport System & Design
- Transport Process & Management
Modular Certificate in Materials Management (180 hours)
- Inventory Management
- Demand Forecasting & Resource Planning
- Purchasing & Supplier Management
- Sourcing Strategies and Procurement
- Essentials of Warehouse Operations
- Warehouse Design and Management
- The course will be delivered using a combination of lectures, tutorial-based classroom discussions, individual and group research projects and case study-based learning.
- About 20% to 30% of the lessons will be conducted or available through e-Learning/self-directed learning mode.
Course assessment will consist of continuous assessment in the form of written tests, class participations, presentations, project work and end-of-semester examinations.
Nett Course Fees Payable (After MOE/SSG Subsidy)
Category *Fee for 1st Modular Certificate (MC) Total Programme Fee
(Consists of 5 MC)
Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) recipient
SME-sponsored Singapore Citizen
Mid-Career Enhanced Scheme for Singapore Citizen ≥ 40 years old
Singapore Citizen < 40 years old
Singapore Permanent Resident
* 1st Modular Certificate fee is payable upon successful enrolment.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
Fees are subject to review by MOE/SSG on semestral basis.
Please note that a supplementary fee of around $30 is payable in each semester.
Please refer to NYP website for funding details:
MOE/SSG subsidy will not be applicable for students who repeat a module or semester.
Course Application and Enquiries
Course will commence on 15 Oct 2018.
Online application starts on 11 Jun 2018 and closes on 31 Jul 2018.
Course Preview is on 27 Jun 18 (Wed), 7pm at Lecture Theatre D-2 (LTD-2), SBM Block D, Level 1. Please register your attendance with Steven Lee at email@example.com.