The SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme is a work-learn study programme designed to give fresh graduates from polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) a head start in careers related to their discipline of study. It provides them with opportunities, after graduation, to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school, and better supports their transition into the workforce.
For more information SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes, click here!
This programme provides a pathway for ITE fresh graduates to acquire relevant work experience through workplace training and deepen their academic knowledge through structured facilitated learning at the Polytechnic. It aims to deepen their skills and knowledge for career advancement in the Tourism Industry.
Fresh ITE graduates who wish to get a headstart in career and relevant work experience and skills valued by the Tourism industry. (Please refer to the Admission Requirements)
- Acquire practical skills through structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) under the guidance of a company mentor
- Obtain industry recognised certificate(s) while employed in a related role at a company
- Undergo facilitated learning and work-based projects
- Meaningful career advancement pathways
- Option to pursue and be awarded the Diploma in Business Practice (Hospitality & Tourism Management) upon completion of two additional modular certificates
- $5,000 sign on incentive for Singaporean fresh graduates who successfully complete the programme
The Work-Study Certificate (Leading to Diploma in Business Practice (Hospitality and Tourism Management)) is an 18-month programme comprising three Modular Certificates and 540 hours of On-the-Job Training (OJT) conducted at participating companies.
It consists of three components: (i) facilitated learning (ii) on-the-job training and (iii) work-based projects.
(180 hours each)
Business Communications & Analytics
- Oral Communication in Business
- Effective Business Writing Skills
- Word Processing & Presentation
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Business Statistics
- Data Visualisation for Business
- Destination and Attractions Management
- Customer Experience Management & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Tourism Project
- Essential of MICE Management
- Managing Conferences, Meetings and Incentives
- Exhibition Management
- MICE Project
School of Business Management
180 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 Singapore 569830
- 18 months from 1 Jun, 2022 to 31 Dec, 2023
- Lessons are held once a week from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Upon successful completion of this programme, participants have an option to pursue a part-time diploma by completing two additional modular certificates and be awarded the Diploma in Business Practice (Hospitality & Tourism Management).