About the Course
This module provides participants an overview of how sport management has evolved in the local sports scene vis-à-vis the trends and developments of the sports industry. The commercialization and globalization of sport have also demanded that sport managers make adaptations to managing the organization in areas such as human resource, finance and administration. Participants will also discuss trends and developments in sport such as the impact of social media, terrorism, doping and professionalism of sport.
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing programme aims to address the specialist manpower needs of Singapore’s sport industry by:
- Training specialised practitioners in sport management and sport marketing to support the growth of sport businesses
- Providing sport and marketing professionals with an avenue for continued professional development; and
- Preparing Singapore’s workforce for the growing demands of a changing economy.
- An overview of sport management and sport development in the society
- Sport Management Business functions and tools applied to sport business
- Strategies & environment analysis in sport business and sport tourism
- Growing areas and major trend in the future of sport
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme. The programme is targeted at:
- Professionals, managers and executives in marketing who want to specialise their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
- Sports practitioners who are keen to upgrade their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of management and marketing in the sports industry
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas who are interested in pursuing a business career in the sports industry and/or interested in specialising their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
Credits earned from this module, also known as Skills-Based Modular Course (SBMC), can be stacked up towards attaining the Post-Diploma Certificate One in Sport Management and subsequently to a full qualification.