Get people of all ages hooked on your game!
Are you fascinated by games or movies that capture your attention with compelling digital characters, animation or visual effects?
Join us on this exciting journey! Create visual worlds — from concept ideation to the final product — with imagery expressed through moving images and games.
Our comprehensive foundation modules will teach you broad skills in animation, games and visual effects to help you become tomorrow’s great media entertainers.
The Diploma in Animation, Games & Visual Effects is for you if you want to create engaging entertainment experiences through storytelling and play.
- Develop expertise in look development, 2D and 3D animation, visual effects and media production.
- Master the art of story creation and storytelling, and gain design-related skills in games, character art and environment.
- Cultivate a broad range of skills and deepen your knowledge in the fields of animation, games or visual effects.
- Be taught in world-class facilities by award-winning professionals who have worked at renowned companies such as Lucasfilm, The Walt Disney Company, Industrial Light & Magic, KOEI TECMO Singapore and Ubisoft.
- Gain experience in working on real-life industry projects.
- Earn industry certifications from our partners like Epic Games in addition to your diploma.
- Look forward to exciting careers with top animation and VFX companies such as Lucasfilm Animation and Industrial Light & Magic, or top game companies such as Ubisoft and Bandai Namco.
This diploma will be taught using the NYP-PCM starting AY2023.
Endorsed by industry leaders like Ubisoft Singapore, MediaCorp TV & Infinite Studios, it is informed by real industry intelligence and needs.
You gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines. Be taught by guest lecturers from Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo & many more.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
• 2D/3D Character Animator
• 3D Generalist
• 3D Lighting Artist
• 3D Modeller
• 3D Rigging Artist
• 2D/3D Game Artist
• Concept Artist
• UI Artist
• Game Animator
• Animation Producer
• Art Director
• Game Art Director
• Game Designer
• Game Level Designer
• Game QA Tester
• Game Producer
• Creative Director
• Digital Matte Painter
• Layout Artist
• Production Designer
• Storyboard Artist
• Texture Artist
• Visual Development Artist
• Visual Effect Artist
NYP’s Diploma in Animation, Games & Visual Effects opens doors for you to pursue all art degrees at prestigious universities such as:
• Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
• National University of Singapore (NUS)
• DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore (SIT-DigiPen)
• Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
• Academy of Art University (AAU)
Darryl LongManaging Director, Ubisoft Singapore and Ubisoft Philippines"The new curriculum is well-structured and provides learners with ample opportunities to acquire different skill sets as digital artists. This programme will support the growing demand for artists and designers in the video game industry."
Barry SeeHead, Production Resource, Mediacorp TV Singapore"There is a good basket of core competencies to ensure that graduates will have the skillsets and agility to face the ever-changing environment. The overall course structure ensures that graduates will be sought after by the industry. It is very exciting to see games, animation and visual effects working together to create new possibilities."
Seng Choon MengVice President, Animation, Infinite Studios"The various tracks offered in Animation, Games and Visual Effects will help learners to find their own niche and career paths. The canvases offered to learners will broaden and deepen their technical skills and competencies. NYP learners, I believe, will also have a competitive edge over their contemporaries by being more adaptable, agile and resilient. I am supportive of this new direction for NYP School of Design & Media as they move to the Professional Competency Model (PCM) and keep ahead of the emerging technologies and trends for the design and media industry."