Create sustainable, meaningful and forward-thinking architecture through robust exploration, methodologies and advanced technologies.
This interdisciplinary course, offered jointly with the School of Engineering, gives you holistic training in sustainable architectural design and technology. You will apply computational design, immersive visualisation and artificial intelligence within historical and social architectural contexts.
The Diploma in Architecture is for you if you want to be part of a new generation of future-ready architectural designers and technologists.
- Develop a broad range of skills such as sustainable building strategies as well as building construction and optimisation.
- Get familiar with the industry’s statutory requirements and regulations.
- Look forward to exciting careers with top award-winning architectural firms such as DP Architects, WOHA, CPG Consultants, RSP and Surbana Jurong.
- Make a positive impact on the built environment through sustainable architectural design.
- Design smart and green buildings and execute ecological, architectural, and urban solutions using advanced technologies and integrated digital delivery.
- Gain experience in working on real-life industry projects.
- Seize rewarding career or further education opportunities locally or overseas.
This diploma will be taught using the NYP-PCM starting AY2023.
Endorsed by industry leaders like DP Architects, CPG Consultants and Surbana Jurong, it is informed by real industry intelligence and needs.
You gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines. Be taught by guest lecturers from DP Architects and members firms from Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) and relevant industry partners.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
• Architectural Assistant
• Architectural Designer
• Architectural Technologist
• Architectural Visualiser
• Assistant Specialist (Digital Delivery)
• Building Information Modelling (BIM) Coordinator
• Construction Management Coordinator
• Project / Facilities Management Executive
• Spatial Designer
• Urban Design/Planning Assistant
NYP’s Diploma in Architecture opens doors for you to pursue a degree at reputable local and overseas universities.
Our graduates have pursued degrees at:
• National University of Singapore
• Nanyang Technological University
• Singapore Institute of Technology
• Singapore University of Social Sciences
• Singapore University of Technology and Design
• Glassgow School of Arts (UK)
• RMIT University
• University of Melbourne
Tai Lee SiangHead of Pillar, Architecture & Sustainable Design
Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)"It is a good programme that closely matches the industry transformation map set out by the Building Construction Authority of Singapore. It is the right move to focus on the sustainability of all the course competencies.
This new curriculum structure gives learners a great head start on picking up the profound transformation required in the areas of Building Construction & Optimisation and Integrated Digital Delivery upon graduation. The School of Design & Media has made a sound decision to move towards the Professional Competency Model (PCM), equipping its learners to meet the increased demand for graduates armed with expertise in these two areas."
Yvonne SohExecutive Director, Singapore Green Building Council"We are excited to see the emphasis placed on sustainability in the curriculum, with Sustainable Building Strategies & Technologies being one of the five Course Competencies in the diploma programme.
As Singapore continues to champion sustainability in building and construction, graduates with expertise in this area will be at the forefront of developing innovative green building solutions. We look forward to future graduates joining us to push the envelope within an exciting industry that is constantly striving for progress."