About the Course
Driven by the need to better connect with citizens and customers and the emergence of Big Data, governments and enterprises are embarking on Business Analytics and Big Data Analytics to derive citizen and customer insights, make fact-based decisions and achieve competitive advantages.
Robust demand for analytics spells significant opportunities for Singapore's economy. Singapore needs to develop a new breed of professionals who are techno-strategists – those who have both domain knowledge and IT capabilities to define and solve complex problems in businesses.
The Specialist Diploma in Business & Big Data Analytics, jointly offered by School of Information Technology and School of Engineering, is targeted at Business Intelligence (BI) practitioners and IT professionals who wish to
- Upgrade their analytical skills from simple BI reporting to more advanced data analytics techniques;
- Learn how analytics are applied across industries and business domains; and
- Develop competence in implementing infrastructure to support big data.
This course provides participants with an opportunity to obtain a Specialist Diploma in the areas of business analytics and big data analytics. The knowledge and skillsets gained from this course will prepare graduates for a career as a data analytics practitioner across a wide spectrum of industries.
Check out the news coverage on this course:
Subject to changes
Participants will be awarded the Specialist Diploma in Business & Big Data Analytics upon successful completion of any two of the following Post-Diploma Certificates:
Post-Diploma Certificate in Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Essentials
- Statistics and Analytics Techniques
- Data Visualisation
- Business Analytics Project
Post-Diploma Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Big Data Analytics Essentials
- Machine Learning and Techniques
- Text Mining and Analytics
- Big Data Analytics Project
Post-Diploma Certificate in Big Data Management
- Big Data Management Essentials
- Infrastructure System for Big Data Processing
- Parallel Computing for Big Data
- Big Data Management Project
NYP-SAS Academic Specialisation
NYP partners with SAS, a leader in analytics, in offering the SAS® Academic Specialisation in Applied Data Science for participants who complete the Post-Diploma Certificate in Big Data Analytics and uses SAS software in their Big Data Analytics Project. Participants can also claim an Academic Program Digital Badge, which allows them to communicate their credential in various online profiles, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. This digital image contains verified metadata that describes the qualifications and the process required to earn them.
The academic specialisation documents participants’ coursework using SAS software to solve real-world business problems, giving graduates a competitive advantage in the job market.