PERSONAL MOBILITY DEVICES (PMDs)
Personal mobility devices (PMDs) shall include kick-scooters, electric scooters, electric unicycles, electric hover boards, skateboards, roller skates and similar devices.
PERSONAL MOBILITY AIDS (PMAs)
Personal mobility aids (PMAs) refer to devices that are meant to provide mobility to people who are less mobile, such as motorised wheelchairs for the elderly or physically disabled.
PERSONAL MOBILITY VEHICLE (PMV)
Personal mobility vehicle (PMV) refer to PMA, bicycles, electric bicycles and PMD.
USE OF PMD, PMA and JOGGING/RUNNING ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS
The following guidelines/policies are put in place in due consideration of the safety of all students, staff and visitors using the internal link ways.
1. Bicycles, electric bicycles and PMDs are prohibited for use in all internal link ways, corridors, gardens and courtyards.
2. PMAs are allowed for use in all internal link ways, corridors, gardens and courtyards.
3. For external footpaths within the campus, PMAs, bicycles and PMDs are allowed to be used, but at a speed limit of 15km/h while electric bicycles are prohibited.
4. On the campus ring roads, only bicycles and LTA-approved electric bicycles are allowed, but at a speed limit of 25km/h. PMAs, PMDs and jogging/running activities are prohibited.
5. Jogging/running in groups and similar activities are prohibited in all internal link ways. Exception: Jogging/running along Level 3 link way is allowed only after 6.30pm. Jogging/running activities are allowed on external footpaths next to our roads within the campus and sports facilities NAFA zone, etc.
6. Security service providers are allowed to use the PMDs (e.g. Eco-riders or similar devices) after office hours or in the event of an emergency, to carry out their duties.
|Mode/Type of PMD||Internal link ways, corridors,
gardens & courtyards
|Campus ring roads
(Speed Limit - 25 km/h)
(Speed Limit - 15 km/h except for running)
Personal Mobility Aid
e.g. motorised wheelchairs mobility scooters
Personal Mobility Device
(Allowed at level 3 link way after 6:30pm only)