EARLY ADMISSIONS EXERCISE (EAE)
Secure Your Place @NYP Before Your O Levels!
Chat with Us @ Our EAE Centre
27-28 Jun & 1-3 July, 2019 | 2-5pm | NYP Lounge
The Early Admissions Exercise (EAE)…
helps you secure a place in your preferred course – even before you sit for your O-Level exams. This is for you if you have strong aptitude and interest in a field related to the diploma course. It will also help if you have outstanding achievements in sports, leadership, entrepreneurship, community service and the arts.
It’s a great opportunity to get a head start at a polytechnic that recognises your talents and abilities.
Chat with Us
Our EAE Centre...
Meet our lecturers to find out more about our exciting diploma courses and array of scholarships.
• Date: 27-28 Jun & 1-3 July, 2019
• Time: 2-5pm
• Venue: NYP Lounge, Blk A, Central, Level 3
Attend our exclusive Ace your EAE Application talk. Get effective tips on how to maximise your chances of joining your dream course. Registration is not required.
• Venue: EAE Centre @ NYP Lounge
• Time: 2.30 - 3.00pm daily
EAE Application Process...
1) Decide and Apply (27 Jun - 3 Jul, 2019)
• Choose up to three courses.
• Submit a 600-character course-specific write-up (mandatory for each choice).
• Include a 1000-character write-up on other achievements & talents (optional).
2) Show Us What You’ve Got (8 Jul - 20 Aug, 2019)
If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an aptitude test or interview which assesses:
- your portfolio of works, work attachments or sustained involvement in course-relevant projects,
- your achievements, awards, testimonials and recommendations,
- your participation in competitions, seminars and relevant CCAs,
- your leadership positions or roles in school or CCAs, and
- your depth of passion, interest and aptitude for applied learning in polytechnic courses.
3) Say 'Yes' (26 Aug - 29 Aug, 2019)
• Get your EAE application results at eae.polytechnic.edu.sg
• If you get an offer, it’s conditional. You still need to get the minimum passes at the GCE O Levels.
• So, be sure to:
- obtain a net ELR2B2^ score of not more than 26 points, and
- meet the Minimum Entry Requirements (MERs) for your selected diploma courses.
^ELR2B2 = English Language (EL) +2 Relevant Subjects (R2) + 2 Other Best Subjects (B2)
** Should you change your mind after accepting the offer, you are to submit your withdrawal from 30 Aug - 11 Oct, 2019. If you do not withdraw by this deadline, you are deemed to have confirmed your acceptance and will not be able to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) and all other polytechnic admissions exercises.
You can apply...
• if you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who have registered to sit for the O Levels in the year of the EAE, or
• if you are an international student enrolled in government, government-aided and independent school in Singapore, and have registered to sit for the O Levels in the year of the EAE.
Our Full-Time Diploma Courses...
More than 40 diploma courses and programmes are available for application under the EAE.
Of these, 21 diploma courses will be allowed to admit up to 50% (for aptitude-based admissions) of their enrolment through the EAE.
These courses are:
• Diploma in Food & Beverage Business
• Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
• Diploma in Mass Media Management
• Diploma in Sport & Wellness Management
• Diploma in Architecture
• Diploma in Industrial Design
• Diploma in Spatial Design
• Diploma in Visual Communication
• Diploma in Nursing
• Diploma in Oral Health Therapy
• Diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work)
• Diploma in Business & Financial Technology
• Diploma in Business Intelligence & Analytics
• Diploma in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics
• Diploma in Infocomm & Security
• Diploma in Information Technology
• Diploma in Animation & Visual Effects
• Diploma in Digital Game Art & Design
• Diploma in Game Development & Technology
• Diploma in Interaction Design
• Diploma in Motion Graphics Design
Chemical & Life Sciences
Health & Social Sciences
Interactive & Digital Media
“It was very reassuring to know that I secured a place to do something I love and really wanted to do.”
Loong Yi Xin
Diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work) (Class of 2019)
CHIJ Katong Convent alumna
“EAE is a great option. It takes a lot of stress away. I remember thinking how thankful I was for EAE after seeing friends busy worrying about doing well for the exams.”
Mohamad Fadhli Abdul Wahab & Mohamad Farhan Abdul Wahab
Diploma in Multimedia & Infocomm Technology, Year 3
College ITE East alumni
“The EAE lets me clinch my course of choice, giving me the opportunity to become what I want to be one day – a cyber security analyst.”
Muhammad Syahiran Bin Mohd Azlan
Diploma in Cyber Security and Forensics, Year 3
North View Secondary School alumnus
“My mind was set on applying for EAE because it was a perfect opportunity for me to further pursue my passion in digital media, I have not looked back on that decision ever since.”
Diploma in Digital Visual Effects, Year 3
Greendale Secondary School alumna
“I wanted to continue studying my preferred subjects. EAE ensured that I did.”
Diploma in Chemical & Pharmaceutical Technology, Year 3
Zhenghua Secondary School alumnus
“I was able to go through my O Levels with confidence and peace of mind as the EAE had already guaranteed me a spot in my preferred course, in my preferred polytechnic.”
Danielle Chee Muk Onn
Diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work), Year 3
Ang Mo Kio Secondary School alumna
“I was very firm about my passion for accounting and wanted to secure a place in NYP before my O Levels via the EAE. I ‘clicked’ so well with my fellow EAE students in NYP that I volunteered to serve as a facilitator for the EAE Bonding Day a year later.”
Angeline Foo Yu Wen
Diploma in Accountancy & Finance, Year 3
Serangoon Garden Secondary School alumna
Enquiry Form Successfully Sent
Thank you for your enquiry. We will get back to you soonest.