Valorisation & Upcycling Sustainability Solutions
- Food waste accounts for about 10 % of the total waste generated in Singapore. Recycling food waste is one of the important components of Singapore’s. drive towards a “Zero Waste Nation”.
- The research team focuses on valorisation of food waste and by-products such as coffee waste and fruit waste.
- Our capabilities included Bio-fermentation, chemical extraction, and development of biomaterials from food by-products.
- Our industry partners included A1 environmental, SingnergyCorporation, and Porcelain Skin.
Iconic Project : Extraction of Collagen from Fish Wastes
- Fish by-products such as fish scales and fish skin are rich with useful materials that have high demand in the biomedical, cosmetics, food and pharmaceutical industries.
- A simple cost-effective method to extract collagens from fish skin and fish scales was developed by using environmentally friendly chemistry.