The Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management & Applied Water Technology is a Work-Study Programme aimed at equipping participants with skills in environmental management and water technology. The programme emphasises an applied and contextualised approach in training participants with the skills for career development in the environmental/water services industry. The areas of focus are industrial waste & emission management, environmental health & safety, water & wastewater technology and membrane technology.
You can sign up for this course…
- via the Work-Study Programme (fully sponsored with full-time employment and on-the-job training (OJT) with participating company)
- as an individual (self-funded)
This course comprises two Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs).
Post-Diploma Certificate in Environmental, Health & Safety Management
- Industrial Waste & Emissions Management (30 hours)
- Applied Environmental Management System & Policies (30 hours)
- Workplace Safety & Health Management System (30 hours)
- Environmental, Health & Safety Management Project (60 hours)*
Post-Diploma Certificate in Applied Water Technology
- Water & Wastewater Engineering (30 hours)
- Advanced Wastewater Treatment Methods (15 hours)
- Membrane Science (15 hours)
- Industrial Membrane Separation (30 hours)
- Applied Water Technology Project (60 hours)*
*Delivered as part of OJT component
Participants on Work-Study Programme will undergo on-the-job training (OJT) with the participating company. The OJT component is jointly developed by participating company and Nanyang Polytechnic to sharpen the participants’ skills acquired during their course of study.
Participants will be awarded the Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management & Applied Water Technology upon successful completion of the two Post-Diploma Certificates.