This is for you if you aspire to be a tech-savvy accounting professional. You will be equipped with the critical skills to work in diverse industries.
As a qualified accountant, you will be the company’s driver of change, analysing financial data and helping the management visualise key insights into business trends.
This diploma lets you . . .
- Hone your competencies in emerging areas that are in demand in the accounting industry, such as digital accounting, risk management, forensic investigation and sustainable finance.
- Gain first-hand experience in working with key industry partners that include the Big Four public accounting and commercial firms through our six-month internship programme.
- Accelerate your professional journey with accreditation and module exemptions at local and overseas universities and professional bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Get a head-start in your profession with transdisciplinary competencies and in-demand skill sets
- Widen your horizons with overseas opportunities such as foreign exchange programmes, internships and immersive study trips.
- Look forward to exciting careers with companies like the Big Four public accounting firms, banks, financial institutions and governmental agencies.
This diploma will be taught using the NYP-PCM starting AY2024.
Endorsed by industry leaders.
You gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a/an:• Business Advisor• Business Consultant• Cost Accountant• External Auditor• Financial Accountant• Financial Analyst• Forensic Associate• Internal Auditor• Management Accountant• Tax Accountant• Treasury Accountant
NYP’s Diploma in Accounting & Finance opens doors for you to further your education at reputable local and overseas universities. Many of our graduates have also received advanced standing for degree programmes. Others have obtained partial exemptions from professional certification exams by professional accounting bodies such as ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW.
Chua Hwee ThengTax Director, RSM TaxThe Competency Units and their corresponding learning outcomes are both comprehensive and practical. There is a good mix of fundamental accounting knowledge and practical industry skills needed in the real business environment. It is exciting to see the inclusion of emerging technologies such as blockchain, digital accounting and Artificial Intelligence (for example, the development of automatic scripts using robotic process automation software). This inspires learners to develop a growth mindset and equips them with the necessary competencies to embrace and leverage new technologies, enabling them to be future-ready as accountants of tomorrow.
Evan LawAssistant Chief Executive, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)Nanyang Polytechnic’s Professional Competency Model equips learners with technical and generic skills. It is very much aligned with the Skills Framework for Accountancy and will certainly put graduates in good stead to embark on a career in the accountancy sector.
Belinda TanPartner, Head of Forensic Advisory, Grant Thornton SingaporeVery robust forensic modules embedded within the other equally important and relevant core learnings. As forensic work usually involves the use of technology and predictive analytics, it is beneficial that technology is contextualised in the Competency Units.
Graduating from NYP in 2012, Chester Chow Wai Mun, Tan Jing Long and Larry Liauw went on to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy at Nanyang Technological University (Chester and Jing Long) and Singapore Institute of Technology (Larry). Chester and Jing Long graduated this year from NTU with First Class Honours; and Larry graduated from SIT with Honours with Highest Distinction.
They shared that their three years in NYP had played a vital role in laying the foundation required for their university education. In Chester’s words, “I have never regretted choosing NYP, the knowledge gained from my polytechnic studies gave me an edge over my peers in NTU. I will always appreciate the valuable lessons taught by my passionate and knowledgeable lecturers."
Congratulations Chester, Jing Long and Larry, we are so proud of you!