Applicants with any of the following qualifications are invited to apply for the course:
- Minimum of 3 GCE “O” level credits, including English & Mathematics and at least 3 years of relevant working experience;
- NITEC with GPA ≥ 3.5 and a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Higher NITEC and a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience;
- NITEC In Technology / Services with GPA ≥ 3.5, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience AND successful completion of Bridging Programme offered by ITE;
- Higher NITEC In Technology /Services, a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience AND successful completion of Bridging Programme offered by ITE
- Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification or equivalents, a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience and Workplace Literary & Numeracy (WPLN) at level ≥ 6.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on:
- Evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience; OR
- Supporting evidence of competency readiness.
Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may be invited for an/a interview and/or proficiency test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course is 900 hours and comprises of FIVE Modular Certificates. The programme can be completed in 5 semesters or 2.5 years. Lessons will be held three evenings a week, from 7pm to 10pm for each session.
Modular Certificate in Business Communications & Analytics (180 hours)
Oral Communication in Business
Effective Business Writing Skills
Word Processing & IT Presentation
Data Visualisation for Business
Modular Certificate in Financial Accounting (180 hours)
Accounting and Controls for Assets
Accounting for Businesses
Business Financial Reporting
Corporate Tax & GST
Modular Certificate in Auditing & Financial Reporting (180 hours)
Framework For Financial Reporting
Financial Reporting Standards
Internal Controls & Risk Management
Integrated Project- Controls & Risk Management
Audit Principles & Processes
Modular Certificate in Business Essentials (180 hours)
Principles of Management
Principles of Marketing
Modular Certificate in Financial Management (180 hours)
Introduction to Business Finance
Capital Investment & Working Capital Management
Corporate Finance Analysis
Capital Structure Analysis
- The course will be delivered using a combination of lectures, tutorial-based classroom discussions, individual and group research projects and case study-based learning.
- About 20% to 30% of the lessons will be conducted or available through e-Learning/self-directed learning mode.
Course assessment will consist of continuous assessment in the form of written tests, class participations, presentations, project work and end-of-semester examinations.
Nett Course Fees Payable (After MOE/SSG Subsidy)
Category *Fee for 1st Modular Certificate Total Programme Fee
(Consists of 5 Modular Certificates)
Workfare Training Scheme (WTS) recipient
SME-sponsored Singapore Citizen
Mid-Career Enhanced Scheme for Singapore Citizen ≥ 40 years old
Singapore Citizen < 40 years old
Singapore Permanent Resident
* 1st Modular Certificate fee is payable upon successful enrolment.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
Fees are subject to review by MOE/SSG on semestral basis.
Please note that a supplementary fee of around $30 is payable in each semester.
Please click here for funding details.
MOE/SSG subsidy will not be applicable for students who repeat a module or semester.