About the Course
Human Resource Management (HRM) is an essential function that focuses on the recruitment, development and remuneration of the people who work in an organisation. With the launch of the HR Industry Manpower Plan, HR professionals will increasingly be expected to become enablers of human capital development and play a crucial role in the acquisition of talent in support of business goals. As companies move towards a manpower-lean model, HR will have to find ways to develop employees to their fullest potential and maximize their performance.
The Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Management offers a deepening of HR knowledge and skills to working professionals. This programme seeks to provide opportunities for adult learners who are either currently holding HR jobs or considering a future HR career progression or option. Modules taught in this programme will enable participants to play the role of a strategic partner, crucial in contributing to the success of the organisation in today’s business environment.
The Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Management aims to:
- Enable participants to acquire sufficient breadth of knowledge, deeper insights and greater understanding of Human Resource Management (HRM) today.
- Provide participants with a structured training for personal and career development and job knowledge.
The course is suitable for:
- HR professionals who would like to enhance their employability, capabilities and market value.
- Working professionals who would like to consider a future HR career progression or option.
The course is 270 hours and comprises of TWO Post-Diploma Certificates. The programme can be completed in 2 semesters over a period of 12 months. Lessons are held two evenings a week, from 7pm to 10pm for each session.
Post-Diploma Certificate in HR & Talent Management (135 hours)
· Talent Acquisition
· Talent Management
· Strategic International HRM
· Organisation Development and Change Management
Post-Diploma Certificate in Performance & Compensation Management (135 hours)
· Employment Law
· Employee Relations Management
· Performance Management
· Strategic Compensation Management
What You'll Study
Participants will receive a Post-Diploma Certificate upon successful completion of each semester and will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Management upon obtaining the two Post-Diploma Certificates.
Graduates of Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Management will be eligible for the ‘through-train’ pathway to IHRP Certified Professional (IHRP-CP) Certification.