This module seeks to enhance the industry’s awareness and understanding of Singapore’s Strategic Goods Control System.
In this course, learners will:
- be introduced to the legislation framework of the Strategic Goods Control System
- know how to determine strategic goods
- understand the registration requirements for strategic goods permits under the Strategic Trade Scheme (STS), and the obligations and responsibilities as users of the STS
Our trainers are qualified lecturers from the School of Business Management, Nanyang Polytechnic. They are trained in the areas of:
- Custom procedures
- Classification and the harmonised system
- Rules of origin and free trade area
- TradeNet declaration
- Strategic goods control, and
- Essentials of internal (export control) compliance.
These trainers have over 10 years of industry experience in the areas of supply chain and business operations. They possess vast experience in engaging learners in continuous education and lpre-employment training. In addition, they are the program experts in the domain area of supply chain management – including warehouse operations, inventory management, freight management, purchasing and supply management and shipping law.
Exporters/brokers/companies/declaring agents dealing with Strategic Goods under a Strategic Trade Scheme Individual Permit.
Course Date: 07 December 2023
Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm
Registration Closing Date: 27 Oct 2023
Course Fee for 2023
Full Course Fees (with GST)
Singapore PR & Others
- Fees reflected are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). In line with the government fee freeze directive from 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023, the fees in 2023 for Singapore Citizen will remain the same as 2022. NYP will absorb the additional 1% GST for Singapore Citizen in 2023 only.
Nanyang Polytechnic reserves the right to make changes to the course fee and application closing dates without prior notice. The commencement of each course is subject to sufficient number of participants.
Please note that this course is not eligible for SkillsFuture Credit and/or any course fee subsidies.
*Course to be conducted via Live Virtual Class until further notice.
Applications is now open, click on "APPLY NOW" to apply for the course.
Date & Time of course
11 January 2024 (Thursday)
(9am – 1pm)
To be confirmed. Please revisit this site at a later date.
*Please note that the Course Dates and Application Dates are subjected to review and changes
Participants who have completed this course will be presented with a Certificate of Participation.