About the Course
This module explores the sports landscape and the delivery of sport in Singapore. Students will gain insights into the development and implementation of strategic sport initiatives and policies. This module will also address a broad range of areas that are pertinent to the management of sport, such as the governance and regulation of sport and the role of the Government and national sport associations in the promotion and development of sport in Singapore.
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing programme aims to address the specialist manpower needs of Singapore’s sport industry by:
- Training specialised practitioners in sport management and sport marketing to support the growth of sport businesses
- Providing sport and marketing professionals with an avenue for continued professional development; and
- Preparing Singapore’s workforce for the growing demands of a changing economy.
- Sport Management Development and Sport Management in Singapore
- Sport Governance and the Sport Delivery System
- Strategic Management of Singapore Sport
- Growth Areas and Trend in Singapore Sport
This module is offered as one of the modules under Post Diploma Certificate One of the Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing full qualification programme. The programme is targeted at:
- Professionals, managers and executives in marketing who want to specialise their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
- Sports practitioners who are keen to upgrade their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of management and marketing in the sports industry
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas who are interested in pursuing a business career in the sports industry and/or interested in specialising their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
Credits earned from this module, also known as Skills-Based Modular Course (SBMC), can be stacked up towards attaining the Post-Diploma Certificate One in Sport Management and subsequently to a full qualification.