About the Course
The fast-growing sport industry is recognised as one of the emerging business areas in Singapore. With the completion of the Sports Hub in 2014, Singapore will see more top stature events to complement its current exciting sports calendar, which includes world-class events such as the Formula 1® Singapore Grand Prix, the HSBC Women’s Championship, as well as the International Champions Cup.
Singapore Tourism Board believes these exciting developments taking place in the sports industry will open up new business prospects to sports rights owners, sanctioning bodies, media companies and event organisers. With the rapid expansion of the sport industry in Singapore along with its growing number of business opportunities, sport management & marketing professionals are in demand to provide support for the sport eco-culture to thrive.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management and Marketing aims to provide participants with in-depth understanding of the sport industry, the nature of sport as a business and its opportunities for Singapore, both regionally and globally. Through this course, participants will gain a deeper understanding of sport management and sport marketing. As the only specialist diploma that combines sport, management and marketing, participants will be equipped with the skills to pursue a career in sport business as well as further their education in the field of sport.
The Specialist Diploma in Sport Management and Marketing addresses the specialist manpower needs of Singapore’s sport industry by:
- Training specialised practitioners in sport management and sport marketing to support the growth of sport businesses
- Providing sport and marketing professionals with an avenue for continued professional development; and
- Preparing Singapore’s workforce for the growing demands of a changing economy.
The course is targeted at:
- Professionals, managers and executives in marketing who want to specialise their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
- Sports practitioners who are keen to upgrade their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of management and marketing in the sports industry
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas who are interested in pursuing a business career in the sports industry and/or interested in specialising their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of sport management and sports marketing
Participants will receive a Post-Diploma Certificate upon successful completion of each semester and will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing upon obtaining the above two Post-Diploma Certificates.
The WTA Finals Singapore has been exciting fans and engaging the community for the past four years. This year, SBM's Specialist Diploma in Sport Management & Marketing students got in on the excitement too. Before the event moves to Shenzhen next year, our students pitched their PR campaign ideas for the WTA Finals Singapore 2018 to the organisers.
As part of the project, our students got to consult experts from Weber Shandwick Singapore on the PR approaches. The best part? Lagardère Sports Singapore's senior director of marketing for Tennis (Asia), Minn Yang, extended an invitation to our students to attend the WTA Finals Singapore 2018 - The Final Serve this October.