The course aims to equip participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to support the food sector. It allows participants to gain valuable work experience and reinforce classroom learning.
- This course runs on two (2) modes:
- ELP mode (Sponsored study with full-time employment and On the Job Training (OJT) in a food company)
- Public mode (Participants will self-fund their course fees)
- Each Modular Certificate is 180 hours comprising four / five modules and an OJT (institution-company led) project
- Classes for Modular Certificates 1, 2 & 3 will be conducted on two half weekdays for 18 months
- Upon completion of the ELP, participants may continue with two stackable Modular Certificates 4 & 5 to obtain the Diploma in Applied Science (Food Technology)
- Classes for Modular Certificates 4 & 5 will be held three days per week (6pm to 9pm) over a 12-month period
Participants who meet the assessment and attendance requirements of the three modules under the ELP will be awarded the respective modular certificates.
Participants will be awarded the CET Diploma in Applied Science (Food Technology) upon successful completion of the two additional modular certificates. The award of the CET Diploma is governed by the Polytechnic’s examinations rules and regulations.