The Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management & Applied Water Technology is a work-study programme aimed at equipping participants with skills in environmental management and water technology. The programme emphasises an applied and contextualised approach in training participants with the skills for career development in the environmental/water services industry. The areas of focus are industrial waste & emission management, environmental health & safety, water & wastewater technology and membrane technology.
This course runs on two (2) modes:
- ELP mode (sponsored study with full-time employment and On-the-Job Training (OJT) in company)
- Public mode (participants will self-fund their course fees)
This 12-month course comprises two Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs). Participants on ELP mode will also go through OJT in company. The OJT component is jointly developed by participating employers and Nanyang Polytechnic, to sharpen the participants’ skills acquired during their course of study.
Classes will be conducted on Mondays. These are full day lesson (9am to 4pm with break in between) taking place in the day, over the course of 24 Mondays, for the whole course duration.
Post-Diploma Certificate in Environmental, Health & Safety Management
- Industrial Waste & Emissions Management (30 hours)
- Applied Environmental Management System & Policies (30 hours)
- Workplace Safety & Health Management System (30 hours)
- Environmental, Health & Safety Management Project (60 hours)*
Post-Diploma Certificate in Applied Water Technology
- Water & Wastewater Engineering (30 hours)
- Advanced Wastewater Treatment Methods (15 hours)
- Membrane Science (15 hours)
- Industrial Membrane Separation (30 hours)
- Applied Water Technology Project (60 hours)*
*Delivered as part of OJT component
Participants will be awarded the Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management & Applied Water Technology upon successful completion of the two Post-Diploma Certificates.