The course is designed to equip participants with theoretical knowledge and skills to perform safe and effective venepuncture on adults and to familiarise participants with all aspects of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- State the basic principles in infection control and safe patient handling.
- Demonstrate the steps in donning and removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform the correct technique in venipuncture and collection of blood specimens.
- Describe the complications related to venepuncture and its management.
- Demonstrate safe handling of specimen and documentation.
Individuals who wish to learn the correct technique in venipuncture and collection blood specimens.
- Infection control and safe patient handling
- PPE training & Mask-fitting
- Procedure & practice in venipuncture and blood specimen collection
- Complications related to venepuncture and its management
- Quality assurance in Phlebotomy
- Safe handling of specimen and documentation
Participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion upon meeting the required course attendance and competency assessment.
Click here for more information.