About the Course
Since its inception in 2003, Nanyang Polytechnic has been at the forefront of Cybersecurity education, beginning with the training of IT professionals in Information Security. With over 1,000 graduates to date, we have equipped our graduates with capabilities in architecting, designing, developing and managing effective Information Security solutions.
In October 2020, NYP introduces the Specialist Diploma in Cybersecurity. This CET course is aligned with SSG’s Skills Framework and provides comprehensive coverage of the knowledge and skills required in today’s challenging Cybersecurity Industry. The course is subsidized under SSG’s course fee funding for Singaporeans and PRs.
Graduates can look forward to roles including Cyber Risk Analyst, Security Penetration Tester, Security Operations Analyst, Incident/Threat/Forensic Investigator and Security Engineer. Candidates with relevant experience can look forward to managerial cybersecurity roles, up to Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
The Specialist Diploma in Cybersecurity incorporates two modules, which are aligned to EC-Council’s popular certifications – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI). Participants can proceed on to take the certification exams at academic rates.
The course is conducted with a combination of lectures, practical workshops, seminars, classroom discussions, case studies and e-learning. Industry leaders and practitioners will be invited to share their experiences and insights in critical and emerging cybersecurity trends. The sharing sessions also provide networking opportunities for participants.
What You'll Study
Nanyang Polytechnic will award:
1. Post Diploma Certificate in Infocomm Security and Digital Forensics to participants who have successfully completed and passed the following modules:
- Enterprise Network Security
- Secure Software Systems
- Data Security Management & Emerging Topics
- Digital Forensics & Threat Analysis
2. Post Diploma Certificate in Cybersecurity Defence to participants who have successfully completed and passed the following modules:
- Cybersecurity Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Server & Cloud Security
- Operations Security & Incident Response
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing
3. The Specialist Diploma in CyberSecurity will be awarded to participants who have successfully completed above two Post Diploma Certificates.