About the Course
Zoom into the finer details and develop new engineering innovations such as semiconductor chips and cutting-edge medical tools that have smaller footprints and more capabilities. Exciting innovations in games design, aircraft engineering and racing technology are also possible because of digital and precision engineering technologies.
The training you receive in this course will be key to R&D, prototype-making and manufacturing. You will gain a good grasp on the fundamentals of precision engineering, additive manufacturing, digital design and manufacturing, equipment design & building, engineering processes and process control. Attachments with precision engineering companies will provide you with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience, which will give you a big boost as you enter the industry.
This is for you if … you want to learn all about precision engineering and how it can be applied to every stage of a product’s development – from design and creation to tool and component manufacturing.
Graduates of the Digital & Precision Engineering course are highly sought after in the Tools and Components Manufacturing industry and Toolroom Precision Machining industry.
They can expect lucrative career prospects in the following areas:
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Automation and equipment building
- Biomedical manufacturing
- Nanotechnology and nanomanufacturing
- Precision tooling and moulding industries
The Diploma in Digital & Precision Engineering is also your ticket to further education in many local and overseas universities including:
- Bachelor of Materials Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Business Minor
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering