Explore the wonders of chemistry!
Diploma in Applied Chemistry is for you if you want to
- Impact lives by creating innovative chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- Develop innovative and green chemical solutions to address current global challenges in the relevant industries.
- Gain insights to laboratory management and learn the ropes of quality systems which include Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and BizSAFE.
- Hone your skills in experimental design and keep abreast of emerging technologies in chemistry by being involved in research projects with industry players.
- Develop competencies in chemical synthesis and analysis, which are highly valued and transferable across specialty chemical, food, pharmaceutical and biologics industries.
- Gain industry-relevant knowledge and technical skills from a range of competency units (CmUs) and extensive hands-on training in laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Be mentored by industry leaders like Shimadzu, AGC Inc., Merck and DSM Nutritional.
- Look forward to a rewarding and dynamic career in leading chemical, food, pharmaceutical and biologics industries, where you co-create value-added solutions and products.
Co-partnered by industry leaders like Merck, Shimadzu, DSM Nutritional and
You may gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines.
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
- Analytical Chemist
- Associate Scientist
- Formulation Chemist
- Laboratory Officer
- Product Researcher
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Control Chemist
- Regulatory Affairs Executive
- Research & Development Officer
- Technical Sales & Support Representative
NYP’s Diploma in Applied Chemistry opens doors for you to pursue a degree at reputable local and overseas universities.
Our graduates have pursued degrees at:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Australia National University (AUS)
- Monash University (AUS)
- The University of Queensland (AUS)
- King’s College London (UK)
- The University of Nottingham (UK)
- University of Dundee (UK)
Prem AnandExecutive Officer & Senior General Manager, SHIMADZU (Asia Pacific)"Shimadzu is honoured to partner NYP in bringing cutting-edge innovation and advanced technologies in laboratory instruments to academia. Being the only Nobel Prize-winning organisation in the industry, we have been spearheading futuristic technologies including Analytical Intelligence and Living Instruments. As part of our partnership, we will bring the precious knowledge of these innovations and more to NYP and co-create the curriculum.
The NYP-Shimadzu Innovation & Education (NYP-SHINE) Centre has contributed to the scientific landscape of Singapore. Similarly, our partnership in the Professional Competency Model (PCM) of the Diploma in Applied Chemistry will continue to enhance the quality of education in Singapore and shine a path for others to follow in the APAC region.
Shimadzu has, in the last 30 years, developed many mutually beneficial academic collaborations with tertiary institutes in Asia. As technology has rapidly accelerated due to COVID-19, it is essential that learners and educators keep up with the times — an endeavour that is supported by Shimadzu’s Digital Classrooms and Digital Laboratories. As part of our Corporate Philosophy of ‘Contributing to Society through Science & Technology’, Shimadzu looks forward to collaborating with NYP to nurture a professionally competent and industry-ready workforce."
Ng Soon HuangHead of QCA, DSM Nutritional Products Asia Pacific"DSM has been collaborating with Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) for more than 10 years. We are very excited to co-mentor and co-assess NYP students with this enhanced teaching pedagogy. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. We believe that through science and innovation, we can tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges like malnutrition. With this industry-relevant curriculum, learners will be equipped with various laboratory and leadership skills and, importantly, a bigger vision on the importance of nutrition, which will greatly prepare them for their future careers."
Casey OngSenior Director, Chemicals Division, AGC Asia Pacific"NYP’s Professional Competency Model (PCM) is carefully designed with the holistic needs of their students, the workforce and the industries in mind. By collaborating with major industry players and companies, NYP gives their students the opportunity to acquire practical skills and industry-specific insights, so they may graduate as professionally competent individuals. AGC Asia Pacific is proud to support NYP in developing a generation of chemists and engineers who are both technically proficient and business-savvy."
Caine LeongHead of Commercial, Asia Pacific, Merck Contract Testing Services"We’re excited to collaborate with Nanyang Polytechnic to enhance the diploma programme with internship opportunities. An internship experience within a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) biosafety testing facility will provide learners with insights into the biosafety testing requirements within the biomanufacturing industry. They will learn about the importance of ensuring the safety of the world’s medicines by delivering the highest quality testing services and regulatory expertise to bring life-changing medicines to patients.”