About the Course
Design unique, impactful and highly experiential products and interior spaces with interactive digital solutions through user and emotion-centred design methodology!
Gain a solid foundation in developing impactful product and interior design solutions for an interactive experience. Explore the latest technologies through your creative design process and learn to develop user- and emotion-centred designs.
The Diploma in Experiential Product & Interior Design is for you if you want to become a multi-disciplinary designer who can develop and design innovative experiences in different experiential dimensions from interactive products to interior spaces.
- Develop solutions through multi-disciplinary design processes and the latest digital technologies.
- Be equipped with a broad spectrum of skills in product-, interior- and service-experience design.
- Be trained by professionals who are former design and creative leaders from renowned design firms like Hirsch Bedner Associates, Accor, ONG&ONG Architects, WOHA, LTW Designworks, Philips, Electrolux, Reuters and The Lo & Behold Group.
- Gain experience in working on real-life industry projects.
- Look forward to exciting careers in Electrolux Singapore, UOB, OCBC Bank, Zendesk, Accenture, Facebook, Deloitte and Kingsmen International.
NYP Professional Competency Model (NYP-PCM) - its unique features
This diploma will be taught using the NYP-PCM starting AY2023.
Endorsed by industry leaders like Grandwork Interior, Electrolux and Foolproof, it is informed by real industry intelligence and needs.
You gain additional industry certifications while you complete your diploma, putting you ahead of the pack.
The curriculum reacts dynamically and quickly to industry changes. You'll be equipped with the latest skills & knowledge.
Concurrently learn multiple disciplines. Be taught by guest lecturers from Foolproof and member firms from the Society of Interior Designers Singapore (SIDS).
Expect to enjoy a dynamic and rewarding career as a:
• Interior Designer
• Product Designer
• Interaction Designer
• Service Experience Designer
• Customer Experience (CX) Designer
• User Experience (UX) Designer
• User Interface (UI) Designer
• Furniture Designer
• Retail Display & Promotional Designer
• Visual Merchandiser
• AR/VR Designer
• Hospitality Designer
• 3D Modelling & Rendering Technologist
• Market & Trends Researcher
• Front-end Developer
NYP’s Diploma in Experiential Product and Interior Design opens doors for you to pursue all art, media and design degrees at prestigious universities such as:
• National University of Singapore (NUS)
• Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
• LASALLE College of the Arts
• Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
• University of the Arts London
• The Glasgow School of the Arts
• Central St Martins College of Art & Design, London
• Domus Academy
• RMIT University of Technology
• Swinburne University of Technology
• University of New South Wales
Why Our Partners are On Board
Crystal ChuCreative Director, Kingsmen Exhibits"The new programme will support the area of spatial design in a more holistic way. Interestingly, it is aligned to Kingsmen’s way of designing by storytelling, creating experiences and visual branding. Being transdisciplinary in the practice of design is also important to the business of design.
This will better serve the clients, stakeholders, operators and end-users. The audience is ever evolving and there is now the need to design meaningful experiences beyond spatial or visual aesthetics.
The new programme will facilitate the growth of the industry by providing designers who understand this emerging trend. Kingsmen is excited to see that this new programme is going to support the development of such capabilities in Singapore. We will definitely welcome these future designers."
Shigekawa HidekatuDirector, H.A.M Creations"The course is well defined and emphasises a lot on the professional competencies of a designer.
The new programme provides good coverage of the various skills required by the industry. There is a growing need for graduates to be equipped with the skills to work in a multi-disciplinary setting and have enough knowledge and capability to contribute to an organisation beyond design.
We look forward to welcoming future graduates of this course."
Leslie FountainExecutive Director, Global XD Practice Lead, Foolproof"As a global experience design company, Foolproof sees the importance of the emerging design disciplines to transform business and society.
Established in Singapore in 2012, Foolproof has been active in developing the local design industry. We are pleased to see NYP’s commitment to producing graduates who combine the right mix of multi-disciplinary design skills with critical thinking, data and business acumen.
Your programme is needed more than ever to help regional organisations transform in our changing world to better meet the needs of people, our communities and remain sustainable. We fully endorse this programme."